Seriously Strong Women Who Will Make You Want to Try CrossFit
If you're a woman and you've always wanted to try CrossFit but didn't really know 100% if it would be for you, then you might just be inspired by these strong women. CrossFit is a fitness regimen that ways created by Greg Glassman and Lauren Jenai in the year 2000. The fitness movement provides physical exercise and mixes it with competitive fitness as a sport. The CrossFit workouts include Olympic weightlifting, high-intensity interval training, powerlifting, gymnastics, callisthenics, strongman exercises, and more. There are now over 13,000 CrossFit gyms that are specifically for these exercises. Members of these gyms will do daily workouts which they call WODs which is short for workouts of the day. At the gyms, member's performances are scored on each WOD and ranked in comparison to other CrossFit members which is part of the competition that keeps individuals motivated to continue to improve. There are even CrossFit Games that people attend to compete with other CrossFit members from different cities or states. To become a CrossFit coach to guide other's to reach their personal goals, a person must go through a certification process that includes 3 different levels. The third level is where the certification is obtained but only after the individual has gained 1,500 hours of active coaching and has received their CPR certification.
There is even a higher level of the training which requires people to have several years of fitness coaching with their level 3 certification, and they also need to pass a test as well. This list of 13 CrossFit women will inspire anyone who wishes to either become a CrossFit coach or anyone who wants to get into CrossFit for their own health and wellbeing. Here are some of the most well-known ladies in the CrossFit community.
1. Emily Schromm is based out of Denver, and she's a a certified personal trainer and CrossFit coach. She's also created her own nutrition and fitness program called the Superhero Challenge and has appeared on a couple of TV shows including MTV's The Real World. You can follow her on Instagram to get daily inspirational photos with quotes to keep you motivated to reach your goals.
2. Christmas Abbott owns her own CrossFit gym called CrossFit Invoke, and has been doing CrossFit for more than 10 years. She can lift 170 lbs overhead which is pretty impressive, and she also became a NASCAR front-tire changer too which is pretty cool.
3. Katrín Tanja is originally from Iceland, and she's just 22 years old. She also won the Reebok CrossFit Games Award for the Fittest Woman on Earth in 2015.
4. Sara Sigmundsdóttir came in behind Katrin as the Third Fittest Woman on Earth and she shares amazing photos on her Instagram of her abilities that are nothing short of inspiring.
5. Anna Hulda Ólafsdóttir has a PhD in engineering, and she works as a professor. She's also a mom which keeps her really busy, but not too busy to maintain her personal CrossFit goals.
6. Lauren Brooks co-owns a CrossFit gym called CrossFit Salvation in Cape Coral, Florida. She's a mom too, and shows some behind the scenes action of her duties as a mom along with inspiring CrossFit posts and inspirational quotes.
7. Lauren Fisher, from San Diego, is only 20, but she really stays on point with her CrossFit workouts. She came in ninth overall in the 2014 CrossFit Games which is pretty impressive.
If these ladies don't motivate you to try CrossFit, we don't know what else will. Even if you're not into CrossFit, finding a type of exercise that's perfect for you is the main focus of any healthy lifestyle.***
Learn MORE at Fitness
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.